We are always excited when you visit our office, whether for an appointment or simply to say hello. When you come for your first appointment, we ask that you bring the following items to help make your check-in and visit as worry free as possible.
- Completed Patient Forms
- Your medical and vision insurance card(s)
- Your current eyeglasses and sunglasses
- Your current contact lens boxes
After you are checked-in, we will:
- Review your patient history, to determine any symptoms or potential areas of concern.
- Asses your visual acuity, a measurement of how clearly the eyes are actually seeing.
- Perform preliminary tests of both overall eye health and specific eye function.
- Dilate and refract your eyes, to determine the precise strength of lenses that you need for your glasses or contacts, if any.
- If warranted, take digital photographs of the back of the eye (retina).
- Perform binocular vision testing, to ensure that your eyes are working together properly.
- Provide you with an evaluation of overall eye health, including screening for potential ocular diseases.